The safety, health, and well-being of Wyoming students, staff, volunteers and visitors is our top priority. Wyoming City School District is committed to providing a safe and inviting environment for everyone on our campuses. We work proactively with safety officials - police, fire, emergency medical services, public health departments and more - in order to ensure our schools are well-prepared in case of an emergency. The purpose of this page is to provide parents, students, volunteers and visitors with information on district safety programs and links to helpful resources.
General Safety Guidelines
- Each school in the Wyoming City School District conducts all safety drills required by law and by the Ohio Department of Education.
- During instructional hours, visitors to Wyoming schools must sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge while at the school. For more information, visit the Visitor & Volunteer Information page.
- Video cameras are used to monitor activity through Wyoming schools.
- Any volunteer with unsupervised access to students will be required to pass a criminal background check through our visitor management system, Raptor.
- Bullying and hazing activities of any type are prohibited. No school district employee shall encourage, permit, authorize, condone or tolerate any bullying or hazing activity.
- Any chemical brought into a school or on school grounds must have a Material Safety Data Sheet.