During this pandemic, we have learned so much and proven to be flexible, resourceful, and resilient. We have seen the extraordinary ways that our Wyoming school community works together to celebrate successes and support each other. We're looking forward to continuing to partner with our entire community to grow, support, and celebrate each student in Wyoming City Schools.
COVID-19 Community Level
Hamilton County is currently at the HIGH COVID-19 Community Level per CDC guidelines. At HIGH, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recommends individuals:
- Wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, on public transportation, and in crowded outdoor areas regardless of vaccination status (including in K-12 schools and other indoor community settings).
- Stay up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested in you have symptoms
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, consider taking additional precautions. Talk to your doctor to find what works best for you.
- Stay home if you are sick
Masking Plan: Due to the increased number of COVID cases in Hamilton County at this time, the use of masks in Wyoming City Schools is strongly recommended.
- People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
- Individuals with symptoms or a positive test should stay home.
In Wyoming City Schools, our practices are aligned with guidance from the CDC and ODH:
CDC Isolation Guidelines for COVID-19
Communication of Positive Cases: In alignment with local guidance, we will continue to report cases to Hamilton County Public Health when multiple cases are reported in a group setting (classroom, team, etc.) and take further communication steps as advised.
Ongoing Evaluation: We will continue to monitor public health guidance, community transmission rates, and our own school-based data, including case counts, student and staff absences, and more. When an adjustment to our mitigation strategies is advisable, we will implement and communicate any changes as quickly as possible.
For the safety and wellness of our students and staff, it is critical that staff and families continue to self-report to Wyoming City Schools any COVID-19 illness or positive test result.
Positive COVID-19 Test Notification Form
This form is submitted directly to District Nurse Nicole Murphy for review.
- COVID-19 Reporting for Staff Members should be sent through email to Assistant Superintendent Dr. Ashley Whitely at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Just like adults, children and teens can:
- Get very sick from COVID-19
- Have both short- and long-term health problems
- Spread COVID-19 to others, including at home and school
Children, with or without underlying medical conditions, can experience severe illness. In fact, almost half of children younger than 18 years old hospitalized with COVID-19 have no underlying conditions.
More information about the impact of COVID-19 on child health is available here.
Getting eligible children and teens vaccinated against COVID-19 can help keep them from getting really sick if they do get COVID-19.
Vaccination opportunities close to home for children and adults include:
Local COVID-19 Testing
Testing is available through Test and Protect. Test and Protect offers COVID-19 tests at no cost to all those who live and work in Hamilton County.
Information about our COVID plan for the prior school year - 2021-2022 - can be found here.