At this time, Wyoming City Schools Board of Education meetings are livestreamed to the Wyoming City School YouTube Channel:
Wyoming City Schools YouTube Channel
In most cases, regular Board Meetings start at 7 p.m. and Board Planning Meetings begin at 7:30 a.m. For updated information about the date, time, and location of all board meetings, please check the online calendar or the Board of Education page at www.wyomingcityschools.org. Agendas for planning, regular, and special meetings are posted on the Board of Education page at least 48 hours prior to the meeting start time. Board meeting minutes are not official until voted upon by the board at the next regular meeting and are shared on the Board of Education page once official.
Information about meeting location can be found at the top of each meeting agenda. If you have any questions about addressing the Board at a Regular Board of Education meeting, please don't hesitate to contact Director of Communications Suzy Henke at email@example.com or 513-206-7015.
Public Participation at Board Meetings:
The Board of Education recognizes the value to school governance of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school matters of community interest. The Board offers public participation to members of the public at Regular Board Meetings in accordance with the procedures below. The Board applies these procedures to all speakers, and does not discriminate based on the identity of the speaker, content of the speech, or viewpoint of the speaker.
The Board is also committed to conducting its meetings in a productive and efficient manner that assures that the regular agenda of the Board is completed in a reasonable period of time, honors the voluntary nature of the Board's time and using that time efficiently, and allows for a fair and adequate opportunity for input to be considered. Only Wyoming residents and Wyoming City Schools employees may address the Board under this public participation section of the agenda.
Consequently, public participation will be governed by the following principles:
- Prior to 8 a.m. on the date of a regular board meeting, each speaker wishing to address the Board must email a video of their remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions or requests for assistance with video production can be sent to Director of Communications Suzy Henke at email@example.com.
- The email must include the name and address of the speaker and the topic of address. Public commentary on specific personnel matters is not permitted.
- The length of the video should be no more than three (3) minutes. If warranted, the thirty (30) minute time limit for public participation may be evenly divided by the number of speakers. If necessary, videos may be used in the order in which they were received until the 30-minute mark is reached.
Public participation videos will be included in the board meeting, meeting minutes, and live streamed to and archived on the Wyoming City Schools YouTube Channel, along with all other public portions of the meeting. The board reserves the right to refuse inclusion of a video that does not abide by the public participation principles listed above or includes any of the following content:
- Racism or disparaging or threatening remarks or images that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other unlawful basis;
- Personal attacks or profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, harassing, or maliciously defamatory content;
- Personal, business, or organizational solicitations or advertisements not related to the Wyoming City Schools regular board meeting agenda;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, including but not limited to photos, graphics, registered trademarks and slogans, trade secrets, or privileged information, etc.
Though the Board appreciates public participation during regular board meetings, in accordance with in-person board meetings, board members or the board as a whole may not respond, react, or take action in response to public participation during the meeting.
During the public health emergency:
In order to enable the Board of Education to continue with district operations during the public health emergency, the Board approved Wyoming City Schools COVID-19 Resolution for the Continued Operation of Schools on April 27, 2020. Per the resolution and in accordance with Am. Sub. H.B. 197, the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education may meet telephonically or through other electronic means, including, but not limited to, conference calls or other video meeting technology to conduct the public business of the public body while emergency orders of the federal and/or state government are in effect limiting public gatherings. Such meetings will be properly noticed to the public through the established and usual methods of notice to the public and members of the public will be provided with electronic or telephonic means to view/observe the meetings of the Board.
Please click below to send an email to the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education:
President Jeanie Zoller
|Ms. Zoller has served on the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education since January 2012. Her current term expires in December 2023.
Vice President Kara Broderick
|Ms. Broderick has served on the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education since July 2017. Her current term expires in December 2021.
Board Member Aaron Meis
Mr. Meis has served on the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education since January 2014. His current term expires in December 2021.
Board Member Illya Thomas
|Mr. Thomas has served on the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education since April 2018. His current term expires in December 2023.
Board Member Heather Yee
|Ms. Yee has served on the Wyoming City Schools Board of Education since January 2018. Her current term expires in December 2021.