Belonging & Inclusion Collaborative (BIC)
Serving on the Belonging & Inclusion Collaborative (BIC) is a great way to be informed and be of service to Wyoming City Schools and the community!
We are currently accepting application for the 2024-2025 school year. Please complete and submit this application by July 31, 2024, if you are interested in joining the BIC for the 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 school years. Applicants are encouraged to include a resume with application.
Members shall serve for a period of two years. Meetings take place monthly during the school year with more frequent meetings as may be determined by the group.
The Belonging & Inclusion Collaborative (BIC)
The BIC, a group consisting of Wyoming City Schools administrators, board members, caregivers and parents, staff members, and teachers, examines our district processes and practices for opportunities to build inclusion and equity in our schools.
Board Members: John Feldmeier and Illya Thomas
Community Members: Amy Hull, Rev. Dr. Amy Snow, Tess Harper, Amber Madden, Rhonda Ramsey Molina, Allison Shaikh, Marty Skidmore, Janet Zydney
Primary Schools Team: Becky Abbs, Dr. Gina Kirchner, Denise Sieber, Denise Sieber
Middle School Team: Dr. Brian Bocian, Lisa Nocks, Lori Schreiner
High School Team: Keith Lehman, Jolie Wieland
Central Office Team: Suzy Henke, Tim Weber, Dr. Ashley Whitely, Dr. Tracy Wurtzler
- Foster a sense of belonging for all members of our Wyoming community
- Develop a school community culture that is equitable and inclusive
- Create safe learning environments for all students regardless of lived experiences and/or background such as race, color, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, family-style, exceptionality, or socio-economic status
The BIC will:
- Engage in professional conversations to continue our own learning in the areas of Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
- Discuss and provide feedback on district plans, processes and practices in the areas of Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Assist in development of ideas to address areas of opportunity in equity and inclusion