Our primary schools, while beloved and full of character, need important facility upgrades to improve accessibility and safety, and support our mission to provide innovative, student-centered educational opportunities that foster the academic growth and personal development of every student in our primary schools.
Click here to see the work that has been done to date to explore options for the future of Wyoming Primary Schools.
With the start of the new school year, we are starting Phase 2 of the process to create a plan for the future of the Wyoming Primary Schools. This work includes the creation of a new Wyoming Primary Schools Facilities Steering Committee and community engagement opportunities to accomplish the goals of:
- Identifying factors to be considered in the development of primary school facilities,
- Creating a facilities communication structure that increases awareness/ability to participate,
- Reviewing/revising the timeline for primary facilities work,
- Developing primary facility options that support prioritized factors, and
- Seeking community feedback on options to understand the community's perspective for the future of our primary facilities.
If you are interested in participating on the new WPS Facilities Steering Committee, please complete and submit this application by September 10, 2023. Every effort shall be made to ensure that the makeup of the committee is as truly representative of the community as possible.