The Guiding Questions for our day-to-day work were also the guiding questions for our strategic planning process:
- What are our greatest strengths?
- What opportunities do we have to continue to grow?
- How can we best support our students now and in the future?
During the 2019-2020 school year:
Members of the Wyoming City Schools Citizens Advisory Committee studied the best practices for school strategic planning and shared key findings and recommendations with the Board of Education. These CAC recommendations provided the road map for the WCS strategic plan process.
In 2021 and 2022:
We worked with the Hamilton County Educational Service Center to engage Wyoming stakeholders in the planning process:
- Focus groups of community members, school staff, and student took place in April and May 2021 and February and March of 2022.
- Community surveys were conducted in December 2021 and January, April, and May of 2022.
- During the 2021-2022 school year, the 29-member Wyoming City Schools Strategic Plan Design Team (made up of Wyoming residents and WCS staff) utilized the feedback, offered insights, and engaged in a series of focused dialogues to build the Wyoming City Schools Strategic Plan.