Phase 2 of the process to build a plan for the future of Wyoming Primary Schools is underway. The initial work in Phase 2 includes the creation of the new Wyoming Primary Schools Facilities Steering Committee and two community engagement events that took place on Wednesday, Sept. 6.
- The deadline to apply for the WPS Facilities Steering Committee was September 10. Applications will be considered by the Superintendent's Facilities Committee and the committee will be formed in the coming days.
* It is our practice to share as much of the video as possible while still hosting in-person events that support conversation and connection between all attendees (minors, adults who are onboard with social media, and adults who would not like their likenesses on YouTube) - information from presenters is shared, small group discussions are not. Notes from all small groups are being transcribed verbatim now and will be shared on the website in the coming days, along with the additional feedback that we receive through the paper feedback form distributed at the events and online feedback form being disributed with the video.
Next steps in the Wyoming Primary Schools Master Planning Process:
- September 2023: Assessments: Traffic Analysis, Systems Infrastructure, Geotechnical Study, and Program of Requirements
- October 30, 2023: Community Forum 1: Preliminary Options at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 30, at Wyoming High School
- Early Spring 2024: Community Forum 2: Refined Options
- Late Spring 2024: Community Forum 3: Final Options Developed
Potential future timeline (dependent upon the outcome of the steps listed above):
- June 2024: Board of Education approval of final master plan
- November 2024: Potential Community Vote
- January 2025-January 2026: Design Process
- Spring 2026-2027/2028: Construction (final schedule tbd)
Please help us spread the word about the Cowboy Club and the Golden Cowboy Club, our engagement groups for community members without children enrolled in Wyoming City Schools. For more information, visit:
Cowboy Clubs: www.wyomingcityschools.org/Content2/298
To see the work that has been done to date to explore options for the future of Wyoming Primary Schools, visit the Planning for the Future Page: www.wyomingcityschools.org/Content/358.