Through Ohio Senate Bill 311, the State Board of Education has adopted a plan that enables students to “earn units of high school credit based on demonstration of subject area competency, instead of or in combination with completing hours of classroom instruction.” This plan is referred to as “Credit Flexibility.”
The Wyoming City School District has developed a credit flexibility plan that will enable students to earn high school credit by: a) completing coursework, b) testing out of or demonstrating mastery of course content, c) pursuing one or more educational options in accordance with the District’s Credit Flexibility plan, or d) any combination of the above.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at Wyoming High School
- Submit all required applications/paperwork
- Submit an Independent Study Credit Flex option or Mastery Assessment/Test Out Option for review by May 1, 2021. (Online learning applications may be submitted at any time.)
- Receive approval to begin Independent Study or Test Out by May 31, 2021.
- Retroactive credit will not be granted for courses or experiences taken prior to the submission of the application
This plan went into effect beginning with the 2011-2012 school year.
Please read the Credit Flexibility Processes and Procedures.
Students choosing to take advantage of this opportunity must complete and submit the Wyoming High School Credit Flexibility Application.
For further information, please contact Counselor Mary Beth Corbin at email@example.com or 513-206-7059.